Sept 6-, 2021
- Begin and finished work on the 7250 Santa Monica Blvd. page
- Completed the King Vidor mogul page
- Rework a number of Fort Lee pages, photos, and maps
- Re-restored several photos
July, 27-Aug. 10, 2021
- Completed Sant Monica and Las Palmas studio. Composed all text, restored photos, designed page and all elements.
Mid December, 2020 through mid July, 2021
(I need a break)
Did several small projects, eventually grinding to a halt due to Pandemic Burn-out.
- Continued 10202 Washington Blvd.
- Starting slowly mid-Feb
- Rebuilt several pages
- Redesigned several pages
- many new restorations adding them to existing pages
- Began 9336 Washington page.
- Continued 10202 Washington Blvd.
- Redid several logo restorations
- Finished Ince portion of 10202 Washington page
- Began Goldwyn section of same
- Continued Sam Goldwyn page
- Redesigned Moguls page
- Did more restorations, and redid other restorations
- Reconfigured entire photo restoration gallery
- Sent restorations to Marc Wanamaker
- Began Jesse Lasky mogul page
- Began Cecil B. DeMille mogul page
- Finished 846 Cahuenga page
- Began reading Essanay Niles book
- Began Essanay Niles page
- Began Culver City page
- Update and expanded Thomas Ince page
- Began 10202 Washington Blvd (MGM) page
- Finished Metro Pictures page
- Extensive photo restorations, including dozens of Metro photos, dozens of Keaton photos, and more
- Started 846 Cahuenga page
- Finished 201 Occidental page
- Finished Lewis J. Selznick page
- Completed Oz-National page
- Completed Robbins Photo Plays page
- Completed E&R Jungle Films page
- Recreated or modified timeline pages
- Restructured, renamed and relinked many Hollywood pages
- Recreated dozens of template pages
- Started Metro-Lone Star-Keaton
- More restoration do-overs
- Created a new side-by-side display format for restorations
- Installed broken link plugin, and corrected about 100 broken links
- Recreated many template pages
- Started Lewis Selznick page
- Started Samual Goldwyn page
- Started David O. Selznick page
- Modified Peerless-World page
- Modified Fox-Triangle Fort Lee page
- Modified Fort Lee main page
- Modified the Bison/Sennet page
- Complete rebuild of Before and After Gallery page
- Over a dozen restorations redone with new techniques
- create "Page Loading overlay
- Create "Page in Progress" popup
- Finished Sunset and Virgil page
- Finished D.W. Griffith page
- Started 201 Occidental page
- Continued Sunset and Virgil page
- Began DW Griffith page
- Finished Selma and Vine
- Started Sunset and Virgil
- Reorganized personal studio photo collection
- Repaired and reconstructed several pages
- Continued Selma and Vine page
- Continued Melrose and Bronson page,
- Finished Melrose and Bronson page
- Started Selma and Vine page
- started Melrose and Bronson (Zukor, et. al.). Making great progress when I discovered significant corruption of several pages. After fixing them, explored the entire site discovered minor corruption of several more pages,
- Stopped all work to fix corruption. Though I do a site wide backup daily some corruption predated the oldest of the backups. Began a process of making backups of of each fixed page individually.
- Did a major reconstruction and addition to American Film page as I fixed the page.
- Restarted Melrose and Bronson page.
- Paused Melrose page again to repair and expand Balboa page, and several other pages.
- Restarted Melrose page again.
- Finished 1425 Fleming (Monogram et. al.)
- Started and completed Talmadge and Prospect
- Did another dozen or photo restorations, plus a bunch of logo restorations and recreations
- Started several company main pages
- Executive decision to skip mogul pages for now and pick them up at the end to move more quickly through the Hollywood studios
- From this point on each entry takes longer as each lot has a complex history with many owners and a changing lot configuration.
- Finished Ince page
- Finished Santa Monica page
- Started 1425 Fleming (Monogram et. al.)
- Finished Biograph downtown page
- Completed 6101 Sunset/Nestor page
- Competed Vitagraph Santa Monica
- Completed Inceville Santa Monica
- Added to Vitagraph main page
- Began Kalem Santa Monica
- Began Thomas Ince page
- Suffering through 2 weeks of no electricity or internet. Completed about two dozen photo restorations.
- Finished Balboa page
- Revisited Radford page
- Updated Republic Studios with new photos
- Revisited 1712 Allesandro page
- Update Keystone section with new photos
- Completed Biograph downtown page
- Started Biograph main page
- Added to Kalem page
- Finished Kalem page
- Began Balboa page
- Made many restorations
- Contacted Marc Wannamaker, our foremost authority on studio history. He has agreed to act as an adviser for the site.
- I spent the better part of June making money, and reorganizing my data to prepare for starting the Hollywood studios.
- Created the Nestor/Christie page
- Several more photo restorations
- Created Hollywood sub-page
- Created Burbank-Glendale page
- Created page for Kalem-Glendale
- Created Kalem main page
A month or organizing and doing money making projects.
Made a trip to Los Angeles Public Library (400 mile trip) to obtain a library card which granted me access to their on line map library. Was able to update the property boundaries on a number of studio sites.
Reorganized several lists of Hollywood studios, including a fresh list of studio construction by date. This will go to a master list or slide show on the main Hollywood page.
Moved the site to a new server and spent much of the month working out server problems. Also needed a break from development stuff. Did manage to download some new material, did a couple of photo restorations, discovered true property boundaries for several studios, and started a redesign of the American Film page.
Spent much of the month focusing on money making work.
Made a decision to put Jacksonville on the back burner and move the focus to Hollywood/LA.
- Finish Midwest maps
- Start Studios by location main page
- Start Jacksonville page
- Finish Kalem jax page
- Finish Lubin page
- Finish Vim section of Lubin page
- Finish Thanhouser page
- Create Mega Menu
- Redesigned Studios by location sub menu
- Created timeline submenu
- Redesigned timeline pages
- Add details on American Film page
- Completed Rothacker page
- Complete Lubin Philly page
- Complete the Siegmund Lubin page
- Complete a variety of Lubin related restorations
- Complete Chi-Philly main page
- Complete Chi-Philly small studios page
- Start Disney main page
- Start Midwest maps
- Moved site to new server
- Expand and complete Selig Chicago page
- Created several new restorations
- Restructured Edendale pages
- Restructured Time line page
- Completed Essanay Chicago page
- Completed American Film page
- Restructured home page
- Created new linking for time line and mogul pages
- Completed Univ Fort Lee page
- Completed Carl Laemmle page
- Started Universal main and Universal City pages
- Completed Pathe page
- Completed several restorations and add to before-after
- Completed Kalem page
- Completed EK Lincoln
- Completed Brenon-Ideal
- Completed Peerless-World
- Completed Universal
- Completed Paragon
- Modifications of many pages to remove borders from text boxes
- Reworked home page: add links and add featured studio link
- Completed Chapin
- Completed Rambo's
- Completed all Fort Lee pages
- Revisit and update Edendale pages
- Began Jacksonville
- Expanded Neilan section of 1845 Allesandro page
- Completed Fort Lee main page
- Made modifications to Edendale main page
- Resized images for movie making gallery
- Created pages and links for all Fort Lee studios
- Completed Champion page
- Completed Mark Dintenfass page
- Completed Centaur page
- Completed Horsley page
- Completed Willat Studio page
- Did several photo restorations
- Completed Eclair page
- Completed Solax page
- Completed Pathe-Fort Lee
- Completed Peerless-World
Have taken a couple of weeks off. Busy with making money and I communicated with a couple of "authorities" about the studios at 1723 Allesandro. I have conflicting information and neither authority has gotten back to me, so I will write it up as conflicting info, including both accounts.
- Created the Edendale 1723 Allesandro page.
- Created maps of Edendale.
- Reconciled my own conflicting misinformation on the size of the Sennett lot.
- Edendale is now complete
- Put together gallery of Movie Making
- Begin gallery of photo restorations
- Begin working on Fort Lee
- Finish Edison, Sennett and Selig Bios.
- Recreate Selig, Keystone, Sennett, Fox logos
- Complete 1845 Allesandro/ Selig/Fox photo gallery
- Complete Studio City page
- Complete Studio City gallery
- Create Selig Chicago page and gallery
- Start CBS, 20th FOX, pages
- Complete 1845 Allesandro page
- Complete Wm Fox page
- Complete Norbig, Pathe pages
- Complete Mixville page
- Create pages for Thomas Edison, Mack Sennett, and William Selig. Complete Sennett page.
- Create pages for all 3 Edison studios, both of the Sennett locations, Bison 101, and two Selig Studios.
- Create pages for 1712 Allesandro and start 1845 Allesandro. Complete 1712 page.
- Create photo galleries for Sennett and Edison
- Create master list of all studios.
- Create timeline page.
Mid September took a break from page creator and began setting up a back end organizational structure. Researched plug-ins and found the necessary infrastructure. Spent the last two weeks of September just organizing and arranging data.
- Create header and menu structure.
- Create timeline page
- Create templates for location and mogul pages
- Create Before and After photo gallery of photo restorations
- Create framework in WordPress, and design home page.
- Upload a variety of images to get started.